8.11.2008

IwamotoScott Architecture: SCI-Arc



So, this is something that I really wanted to go to, but unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it as I am going to be in Lake Arrowhead, CA for my sister's wedding. 



This is a complete paper-wood structure built but IwamaotoScott Architecture which is based in San Francisco. They really did a great job in creating this cloud like form that just fills this room. I love how these images portray that this structure would be ongoing if it weren't for the walls. I love how this room seems as though it is cutting, and showing us just a segment of this huge cloud structure. It is quite amazing to see something like this.

 

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make it to the opening ceremonies and lecture, but I am definitely going to make my way to one of my favorite places in Los Angeles, SCI-Arc to see this. There will be more of my own pictures to come.

P.S. Can someone please go to the lecture and take notes???? Thanks! 

n.tm

No comments:

nicholas john ter meer

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
I am from southern California, but for now I live and go to school in Boston, MA where I study architecture at one of the finest institutions that our country has to offer (www.wit.edu/arch).