9.11.2008

As I was in the waking stages of my day, I saw this building and thought to myself, Rem is The Man. Rem Koolhaas and his practice, OMA, designed this new skyscraper proposed for New York City's Madison Square Park area to be completed by the year 2010. It's quite remarkable. 


*it's the silver building in the middle, leaning to the left 

Rem Koolhaas has been defying gravity for quite some time. A while back, I referred Rem Koolhas as a person who I would love to meet and just have coffee and a quality brain-picking session. With his projects around the world, he has stayed very consistent in building magnificent structures. This, being OMA and Rem's first building in NYC, will be very interesting how the public reacts to his work. Many people don't know the architect of many skyscrapers, but they are capable of saying, "Wow, that's interesting. How does that work?" 
And that's exactly what he wants to do. 

It'll be nice to see Rem's structure on the NYC skyline. I look forward to it. 

No comments:

nicholas john ter meer

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
I am from southern California, but for now I live and go to school in Boston, MA where I study architecture at one of the finest institutions that our country has to offer (www.wit.edu/arch).